Monday 16 January 2017

Wardrobe Architect // 3 Exploring Shapes

For step number three Colette has a look at shapes.

"Imagine you are designing an outfit. You begin with an empty croquis (fashion figure) as your base. You then begin adding lines to represent the overall shape and fit of the garments before adding color, texture, or details. That’s where we’re starting.
Each piece you wear has a distinct shape, and figuring out which ones make you feel good will go a long way toward helping you make more practical and satisfying choices."
It is all about which shapes you feel good in, what makes you feel comfortable and confident. So I filled in the worksheet and did this in a completely intuitive manner so I do not know how much sense it makes, but I am going to keep it here on the blog for future reference.




So we can definitely see that I do not like spaghetti straps (they just intensely remind me of junior high school) or halters (also here, too many negative associations). I like maxi on skirts and dresses (big love), but avoid midi length (because I feel it makes me look short and my legs fatish). I like a various amount of shapes on dresses, but do not like dropped waistlines (except of 1920s period pieces). On the tops and blouses front I am not particular specific, but I do not like cropped blouses and prefer looser fits. I like my blazers either fitted or boyfriend size, but am not a friend of boleros. I like somewhat loose cardigans I can just throw over a dress. I guess a fitted and cropped cardigan would be fine if accompanied by a pair of jeans with a high waistline or a vintage style dress. The questions about outerwear confuse me. I am not sure what exactly is meant. Coats? Or like stuff you wear when hiking? But I do know that "cropped" and anything I would wear in the "outside" do not go together (except for beachwear. Is that outerwear?).

The Wardrobe Architect



No comments:

Post a Comment