Sunday 15 January 2017

Wardrobe Architect // 2 Defining a Core Style

The second chapter starts with some words of wisdom by Colette:

"It’s tempting to believe that you can define your ONE TRUE STYLE and never have to think about it again, but it defies common sense. We are people. We change, we grow.
However, there are some things that are so ingrained in our personality, tastes, and lives that they come up again and again, like refrains through our lives."
 The aim is "to uncover the style that makes you feel like yourself and attach words and images to them". To accomplish this, there is a worksheet you can download where you can collect feelings, icons and words describing your style. In the end, you should have 3-5 words that describe your style and transfer these into a visual of 12-15 images. 
I will not bore you with the entire word-finding process and present to you my moodboard:
5 words: classic, monochrome, ethnic, figure flattering/hugging, cool


Choosing 12-15 images is not easy. Deciding what goes in and what does not is quite tricky. For example, I do like color, but not too much. I do like and own "pretty" dresses, but they do not get that much wear. I like glitz and adore my New Years Eve sequin dress, but a once-in-a-year outfit shouldn't get a spot here. I think my collage turned out as a realistic representation of what I like on a daily basis, and as this exercise is all about finding my "core" style I think the lack of color and such is fine.

It will be interesting to see how this collage will change in the year ahead!

The Wardrobe Architect

No comments:

Post a Comment